
Dear Amy and everybody whom we met today,
Having spent so much time discussing everyday life in Jerusalem, I tought I might share with you the view that I see from my balcony facing the hills surrounding the city from the south-west side. I find that this natural setting, especially in places that are "free" of any holy and/or national monuments to be a real comfort, and I wanted you to see it with me as a token of appreciation for your openness to our living IN Jerusalem approach.
As I mentioned to you, tomorrow is the official Israeli "Jerusalem Day", which means that the celebrations are accompanied with a massive Jerusalem-oriented media coverage. One of the speakers I happened to hear tonight is a social leader of the ultra Orthodox religious Jews living in the city. He mentioned that despite of the endless conflicts that we confront with all the time, we are all united by our love for Jerusalem, and where there is love some reconciliation must be found as well. I am telling you this because I felt the same way about our conference and your willingness to share differences with us.
I wish you had a chance to meet with more of us in our group. You would have found being exposed to different Jewish concepts of the city fascinating, but than things happen the way they should and this close encounter with the two Arab girls in the group was quite interesting and illuminating for me. Next year, if this project goes, on we'll do our best to teach at the same time, so that the conferences may be attended by everybody.
I wish you best of luck with your projects and am here to answer anything you may have in mind.
Shalom to all of you,
Michal.


1 comments:
What a beautiful scenery!
Post a Comment